Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Princess Sky

My beautiful daughter Sky loves anything pink and princess-y. 

This was a dilemma for me because I tend to veer away from anything that was too, uhm..... frou-frou.  After several debates with Sky, we settled for a tiara cake and some matching cupcakes.  

I loved how everything turned out, because the cake was sooo girly without coming out too flourish-y.  I took my inspiration from Peggy Porchen's Coco's Corsage Cake found in her latest book, Cake Chic. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cake-Chic-Peggy-Porschen/dp/1844007103 

I opted to color the cake in Rose Petal Pink, rather than the more ubiquitous baby pink for a more sophisticated touch.  The tiara was made out of gumpaste, with the design courtesy of various baking and decorating websites. 




No comments:

Post a Comment