Tuesday, September 14, 2010

More Than Meets The Eye

My adorable nephew Thomas (aka Booboo) wanted a Transformer's themed cake and cupcakes.

With some very lofty ambitions about the cake (after all, I was a fan of the whole Autobots vs Decepticons saga) I first wanted to stick an 18" scale realistic paper model of Optimus Prime in truck mode on top of the cake.  However, several paper cuts later, I finally nixed the idea because the model was too damn complicated to execute!

I opted to stick to a gumpaste Autobots insignia cake topper with gumpaste flames (mimicking the ones found on Optimus) undulating around the sides of the cake.  Thrown in were chocolate cupcakes adorned in red and blue marshmallow icing with matching colored sugar sprinkles.  Sometimes, simplicity is always the best option :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment